Weise Worte von Zehnkämpfer Moritz Cleve – Wise words by decathlete Moritz Cleve
Muhammad Ali wusste, dass Politik und Sport untrennbar sind. Ali hat die USA politisch und gesellschaftlich herausgefordert. Das folgende Zitat belegt seinen Mut und seine Kraft / Muhammad Ali always knew that politics and sports always mix. The following words are one of the most powerful:
Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality…. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.
- Dirty Games – (documentary by Benjamin Best) International elite sports is dominated by fraud, corruption and exploitation. “Dirty Games” discovers the reality behind the fame and highlight shows, the truth of a billion dollar business and its effect on society and humanity. Football (FIFA), basketball (NBA) and professional boxing are the main topics of the movie.
- German Radio report (BR) : http://br.de/s/2JuVg34,
- „Dirty Games“ – Dokumentarfilm: So schmutzig ist der Sport ( Süddeutsche.de) http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/dirty-games-dokumentarfilm-so-schmutzig-ist-der-sport-1.2858120
- Film „Dirty Games“ – „In die Abgründe des Sports geschaut“ (Deutschlandfunk) http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/film-dirty-games-in-die-abgruende-des-sports-geschaut.1346.de.html?dram:article_id=351523
- Movie Homepage (English):http://www.dirtygames-film.com/#!the-movie/uibt9
Abseits – Before the beginning of the Euros 2016 in France the Bayerischer Rundfunk, BR for short, a Bavaria’s public broadcasting service with around eight million viewers and listeners per day throughout Germany, ARTE and production company Upian have published the web-documentary „Abseits“. More than 20 football-insiders tell their story and their experiences in professional football. Topics are sports betting, human trafficking and corruption. It’s an all new format with 99 small stories. Link: https://abseits.football/willkommenspaket
- The Soccer Mafia – Documentary report „The Soccer Mafia- Blatter’s Heritage“- „Die Story im Ersten: Die Fußball-Mafia – Blatters vergiftetes Erbe“ – Reportage / Dokumentation | ARD Mediathek http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Reportage-Dokumentation/Die-Story-im-Ersten-Die-Fu%C3%9Fball-Mafia-/Das-Erste/Video?bcastId=799280&documentId=3360493
FIFA president found $2 million pay ‚insulting,‘ report shows (http://fw.to/2nongBO). The truth around the latest scandal (in Mexico City) to hit FIFA and its president Infantino has taken another twist with the release of taped transcripts that confirm he has used his power to push for the removal of FIFA’s Audit and Compliance chief Domenico Scala.
English translation of the FAZ article:
Released tapes shows Infantino plot to remove Scala was not a ‘ludicrous’ fabrication. (link: http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2016/05/31/released-tapes-shows-infantino-plot-remove-scala-not-ludicrous-fabrication/#.V07i2S1j-dw.twitter)
Official Conference Hashtag: #NASSH2016
The North American Society for Sport History (NASSH) endorses the use of social media at its annual convention, so I hope I can get a glimpse at what is going on right now.I can only recommend this conference to any academic. I like the idea that NASSH encourages attendees to use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and blogging platforms to promote sports history. So I will get a few impressions without being there.
First I got a glimpse at the US Soccer History panel with Dr. Kioussis and then the grad student essay award. As always interesting stuff.
Does it make sense to talk to a doper, fraud and criminal? Is he honest about his confession or still defending his actions? Does this even matter?
Lance Armstrong participated in a Q&A with Professor Roger Pielke, Jr. and the Introduction to Sports Governance class at the University of Boulder/ Colorado on Monday. Armstrong, former pro-cyclist (was stripped of all his Tour de France (TdF) titles because of extensive doping), spoke to the CU sports governance class in Boulder/ Colorado. He promised:“ You’re not going to hear any bullshit today. Everything you hear today is true.“ The first question was wheather Armstrong could have won the TdF titles without blood doping. His answer was: no.
Interesting remarks during the Q&A:
- „This era that we were in, this era of doping was so powerful.“
- “EPO in that era was not like testosterone, HGH or cortisone.“
- “I often refer to it as high-octane and low-octane. HGH, testosterone, cortisone (…) It’s kind of low-octane, those are one-percenters; EPO is a 10-percenter.“
“In any sport, if you throw 10 percent into it (…) You might find some success on a stage by stage basis, in a one-day race, but you won’t get over the mountains and win time trials with other guys that are high-octane.”
“They say they had to do this, but to go back 10 to 15 years to bring a marquee case. (…) I don’t know how John Elway would feel if they went back and stripped him of his ’99 Super Bowl title.“